While injection molded prototypes are our day-in-day-out focus here at The ERC, we know our customers' expertise & focus lies in the function of the product they're developing, not the process required to make the individual components. This is especially true for inventors and entrepreneurs that are new to the world of manufacturing.
For those who know very little about plastic manufacturing, having a conversation with a plastic prototype supplier can be overwhelming. If you can relate, don't worry. Our engineers can coach you through your prototype build to ensure that you're on the right track for production.
In addition, our website is full of resources to help you become familiar with plastic prototyping:
- Our Process: Here's what you can expect when prototyping with us.
- Prototyping Glossary: What is an "undercut" anyway? Our glossary of prototyping terms will have you speaking the same language as our engineers.
- Injection Mold Classification Guide: This will help you choose the right injection mold for your part based on your specifications, quantities, materials, lead time and design features.
- The Prototyping Blog: Read our latest news & get tips from our engineers.
- FAQ's: Commonly asked questions about price, max. run size, materials, etc.
- Pricing Calculator: Get an instant estimate with our online pricing calculator.
We hope this helps familiarize you with the plastic prototyping process! Feel free to leave a comment with your prototyping questions or contact us. Thanks for reading our blog and enjoy the big game this Sunday!